The NCMB, as a staff and line office, has the following functions:
- Formulate policies, programs, standards, procedures, manuals of operations and guidelines pertaining to effective mediation and conciliation of all labor dispute.
- Perform preventive mediation and conciliation functions.
- Coordinate and maintain linkages with other sectors of institutions, and other government authorities concerned with matters relative to the prevention and settlement of labor disputes.
- Formulates policies, plans, programs, standards, procedures, manuals of operations and guidelines pertaining to the promotion of cooperative and non-adversarial schemes, grievance handling, voluntary arbitration and other voluntary modes of dispute settlement.
- Administer the voluntary arbitration program; maintain/update a list of voluntary arbitrators, compile arbitration awards and decisions.
- Provide counseling and preventive mediation assistance particularly in the administration of collective agreements
- Monitor and exercise technical supervision over the Board’s programs being implemented in the regional offices; and
- Perform such other functions as may be provided by law or assigned by the Secretary.